[RC] Uneven equine hips - Karen Standefer

Because the rear assembly has ball joints in the hips, it is common that unevenness in the hips actually originates in the hooves.  So, while considering alternative therapies I would also suggest getting x-rays of the hooves to check the balance of the coffin bones in the rear hooves (might as well do the fronts as well because imbalances like this usually affect the diagonal hoof as well).

After determining the cause, I have found that a combination of myofacial release and chiro are very helpful in helping the horse overcome long term imbalances.

Referenced Post:
My horse has got uneven hips. Anyone have experience on how to correct it, prevent it from reocurring, and maintain levelness?

I have considered chiropractic work along with massage. I've also heard that Myofacial release can do wonders as well. What about physical therapy? Anything else? Who in the midwest can help me?

Thanks!
Lynne