[RC] dressage saddle??? - rides2far

I ride with my 2" camlock buckles a couple of inches below my knee. The
buckles are huge but in just the right place they don't rub at all. I
duct tape the leathers to keep the buckle at that spot.  Another option
would be the leathers on the Wintec. Seems I remember they had a buckle
free attachment.

When I did my first 50 on a jumping saddle I had no problem with my
stirrup leather buckles, but the buckles to my girth (which had 2 layers
of leather between me & them) rubbed holes in my knees. I couldn't even
tell you where those buckles were on a normal day but had to sleep with a
pillow between my knees or the holes on the two knees would have
permanently grown together. >yuk< Your girth buckles should be low enough
with a dressage saddle though. I've seen plenty of riders use dressage
saddles with no apparent alterations. I wouldn't worry about it till it
happened...then, what's to stop you from running that buckle right down
to the stirrup and  duct taping the extra leather up the leather?

Angie

Hello! After thorough searching, I've decided to ride endurance in my
twenty
year old county dressage saddle, by far the best fit for myself and
my horse.
The only problem I can forsee is the stirrup strap buckles will rub
under my
thighs (since there's only a bit of leather between them). What to
do? I'm
thinking I'll make a sheepskin seat cover. . .

Also, check out this saddle my friend Vicki is selling. AWSOME
DRESSAGE
SADDLE AT A REASONABLE PRICE, AND VERY WEATHERPROOF, THUS ENDURANCE
COMES TO MIND.
. .
http://tacktrader.com/show_item.php?tack_id=53864

Laura
"Not all who wander are lost." (jrr tolkien)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!