[RC] rear foot tracking, head injury, etc. - Nancy Reed

I first want to say what a pleasure Ridecamp has been this past week while I’ve been sick with the flu. It has lifted my spirits and help pass the time while I hack,cough and feel miserable.  What a wonderful group!

Second, a head injury (HI) is nothing but trouble for those unfortunate to suffer one.  I worked in ICU’s and ER’s for 15+ years and saw more than my share of pain, grief and devastation a HI can cause. As a legal nurse consultant I have seen first hand the long term effects.  No amount of modern medicine will put your brain back together if it gets scrambled.  Currently I noticed a  move by healthcare providers to limit physical therapy, occupational therapy and the like.  One has to be an informed consumer and at times aggressive to ensure you or a loved one receives the needed care. And of course WARE A HELMENT. OK, I’ll get off the soap box. J

Lastly, several months ago there was a thread concerning how the feet tracked during the extended trot.  The discussion was whether or not it was a good or bad thing if the rear legs tracked outside or in line with the front legs.  I came away from this discussion that it was a good thing if it was not present all the time, only at an extended trot or climbing a hill, etc.   Yesterday I watched my daughter ride Lyric up a short hill on our property.  To my amazement I saw her hind legs track to the outside as she motored up the hill, then track in line on the flat.  I was just so tickled!  I would have never had a clue what I saw or understood the dynamics without that earlier thread.  Thank you all for the time you spend on ridecamp and sharing your wisdom!