From: "Catfish Daniels" <catfishdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: [RC] Michel Bloch & Death Valley Encounter
Well, at Death Valley Encounter, Day#1, we took a pretty bad fall - and
perhaps I'm also writing this for anybody that still isn't convinced about
wearing a helmet.  It was a beautiful day, and Steph Teeter, Catfish, and
myself were sharing the lead but trotting easily at about 8mph at about
mile
40.  From what Catfish whitnessed, my horse Monsieur Joseph caught a soft
sand spot and stumbled with his right front leg.  As he tumbled, I fell
face
first into the ground and my horse landed on top of me.  I was unconscious
at that time, which was good as I didn't have to whitness the next part.
Here comes the helmet part:  As my horse was trying to catch footing and
trying to get up from on top of me, he apparently kicked me in the back of
my head with both hind feet.  You see, I'm alive today writing this post
because of my helmet.  OK, my helmet is cracked, but not my head.