Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1061 Mud vs snow - Chipnml

Laurie--I agree with you on everything but the "cute snow clothes and perky hats..."  When I leave here at 5:15am to take care of the 8 barns on my daily route, I am anything but perky. Boots 2 sizes larger to accomodate heavy wool socks, insulated overalls, vest, heavy jacket, oversized Thinsulate work gloves with wool liners, a "mad bomber" type hat with the earflaps down, and a bandana tied over my face so I don't get asthma breathing in the sub-zero air.  Did you ever see Fargo??  That's how I look!  I don't know where you live, but I assume it's south of Minnesota, so you can take comfort knowing that when you've finally dried up and you're out enjoying the trails, we'll just be getting into mud season (known in other places as spring).

Chip