Re: [RC] [CTR] OT: best acreage 'implements'? (long) - MtnRondi

In a message dated 2/6/2004 8:43:24 AM Pacific Standard Time, sgriefer@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Having just purchased my four acres and not yet having a tractor to do all

We recently went on a tractor search and originally were thinking of buying a riding lawn mower. We settled for a 20 hp garden tractor (at Sears) because only the garden tractor was suitable for dragging any device that would dig into the ground, like a harrow. It has a mower on it, so we could mow the field. Then we took the mower off and attached a harrow and it works like a charm. The only thing we need are some chains for the rear wheels because we had some icy spots and snowy areas and got stuck a few times.

But the lawn tractor is fewer horsepower and not sufficient for any ground engaging attachments.

Bonnie
So. Calif.