Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1060 Power bars - Chipnml

Consumer Reports did a study a few months ago on power-type bars and Clif bars came out on top as far as low sugar, good complex carbs and over-all nutrition.  I sometimes find them on sale for 89 or 99 cents, then I buy mass quantities.  But I also think you can adapt any oatmeal cookie recipe and get the same results.  I make mine with oatmeal, oat bran, whole wheat flour, brown rice syrup and/or honey, dried apricots, walnuts and raisins...and yes, I do use butter.  It's the one area I refuse to substitute!  I also eat a lot of almonds and dried, fresh, and canned fruit.