[RC] weight devision?NC qualifications - Sundaez

Thanks to all the civil responses to my weight question. I wouldn't even have to worry about it if it weren't for the the qualifying rule:

  1. Horse and rider team must have a lifetime total of 300 endurance miles.(50+ mile distances) and
  2. Horse and rider team must have one top five finishing in their weight division in the chosen distance at one endurance ride sometime in the 12 month period preceding the championship ride.

    Ride dates: 100 Mile -- Thursday, October 7, 2004    50 Mile -- Sunday, October 10, 2004

OR

  1. Horse and rider team with a lifetime total of 1000 miles makes them automatically qualified in either distance. ----
I'm not sure why the qualifications are that way...less miles require a top 5. Seems that could encourage racing before the team was ready, which is why the whole MW question occurred. I don't have a 1000 miles but I may be close to 300 by the time it comes around.

I'm only wanting to ride because I happen to love this trail.

I guess one could argue I don't belong at this ride then, but then why aren't the championships an Invitational?

Mel