Re: [RC] Angled pasterns and shoeing - Truman Prevatt

I've used egg bars (fronts) for several years on my horse. He had many miles with them. They work just fine. I used them on rocky trails, sandy trails with lots of exposed roots, on gravel roads and muddy trails. No problems. Loving's article was in Trail Blazer about 10 years ago if I remember right.

Truman

Dyane Smith wrote:
Patti, as one who has owned and competed a horse with long, sloping pasterns, I will say, "don't rule out egg bars".? Sun did 4 rides (and would have done more but I didn't have a trailer at the time) and I trail rode on some of the hairiest mountain trails you never want to see.? After one such ride, the ranger made us promise not to go on that trail again because he didn't even ride his horse on that trail and his horse was shod with barium.? With one notable exception, Sun never missed a step in his egg bars.
?
I think Nancy Loving recommends egg bars all around.
?
Properly fitted egg bars can be a godsend.
?
Dyane

--
“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficul

“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.”? Harry S. Truman