[RC] Favorite rides in 2004 - Laura Hayes

I have to agree with Jonni- the 2004 XP was the ride of a lifetime.  The history, the friendships made, the good horses ridden....I sincerely wish for everyone to have a time in their lives like this.  In my case it also involved spending time with my family that we never would have been able to do any other way (try 6 weeks in a horse trailer with three kids, a dog, three mares, and two cats - and we were sad when it was over!!)

I rode 18 of the 25 days and a couple days just part of the trail, but my favorite day was day five -Three Bars Rd to Jacob's Well - when we saw a mustang mare and new foal just off the trail, and later, a young bachelor stallion ran up to my horse!

On that day, my young mare, Allure, jogged up the whole four mile mountain pass to inadvertently catch the leaders and finish second and in great shape.  She showed me alot of heart that day and made me realize what a great horse she will be some day!!

Happy Trails, everyone-

Laura