[RC] trail design course - Chris Eickleberry

Hi all……..in the December issue of the Endurance News magazine, Jerry Fruth talks in his Trails column  about “Trail Master” courses…..I had the privilege of attending one of these a couple of years ago. Taught by Jan and Mike Riter of Georgia, it covered trail construction and design, and really opened my eyes to the need for properly built horse trails…..

   Here in Indiana in June, ITRA (Indiana Trail Riders Assn) will be sponsoring one of these Trail clinics- I join with Jerry in strongly urging you to attend. You don’t have to be a genius- though a curious and open mind IS good!!......you will have a fun, interesting time, and will leave with a much better idea of the problems and challenges involved in trail design.

   We cannot have our sport of Distance riding continue into the future without our trails- take a stand!! Make a difference!!!

   I don’t have all the details yet, but it will be held on June 9-12, 2005. Please contact me for more info- 812-988-4218 or eickle@xxxxxxxxxxxx

   Regards, Chris Eickleberry/ AERC -Indiana State Trail Advocate