[RC] Some humor..........Things One Should Never Say to a Blacksmith- - Mary Ann Spencer

Things One Should Never Say to a Blacksmith-
* If you will just give each of the dogs a piece of hoof, they will get out from under the horse & quit fighting.
* As much as you charge, I should get used to that truck, too.
* If you get that done in 30 min, you'll be making $160... an hour.
* My last farrier couldn't finish, so he gave me your name & number.
* You don't mind if I feed the other horses, do you?
* Are you sure you have them on the correct foot?
* If he didn't kick like that, I'd trim him myself.
* Would you mind trimming my new BLM mustang?
* Can we shoe him in the arena? If he rears in the barn, he hits his head.
* I forgot you were coming; I just turned all the horses out.
* Can you make it after 6, or on Sunday- I have to work.
* I just cannot believe he bit you.
* I read all about the "Natural Way" on the Internet & you're supposed to...
* Did that hurt?
* I know he's difficult to shoe, but he is SO good on the trail.
* It doesn't look like he's leaning from here.
* Can you shoe him so he doesn't paw?
* Most times when he kicks, he misses!
* Just do the hinds; I'll do the fronts.
* I left the checkbook in the car & it's not here- can you bill me?
* I'm sure glad you don't mind working on muddy feet.
* Does it mean my horse has some kind of deficiency when he chews the paint off your truck like that?
* This horse does forge, interferes & sometimes hits his knees... we need to keep the price down on this bill.
* I got these shoes at a rummage sale. Could you use them instead & save me some money?
* Oops! Wrong horse.
* I know I said just a trim, but can you shoe him as well?
* My weanling colt needs a trim & I figured you could halter break him at the same time.
* I've got a new horse whose feet are in pretty bad shape. The previous owners said their farrier couldn't work on him.
* I know it's been a long day for you, that's why I saved the worst for last.
* If my other farrier's ribs weren't broken, he'd be able to get shoes on this horse.
* It's a good thing you're working slow today, or he'd have had shoes on when he kicked your truck.
* I don't understand why the shoes won't stay on; I just had them done 12 weeks ago.

To all you Farriers out there- take a deep breath & keep on smilin'!!