Being from Montana and since we have so few rides they have to be at the top of my list.

#1 - Fort Howes - Ashland Montana.  A two day 50/50 ride.  Completed both days.  Bill and Jan Stevens are great hosts and ride managers.  The country and trails are great and so is the roast pork and grilled steaks that we are fed.  This coming ride season the AERC National Championship ride will be held there and my main mare Picara and I qualify to ride in it.  YooHoo!

#1, 2 - Kootenai Klassic - Libby Montana - 75 miles.  The mountains around Libby are fantastic.  It has major climbs, but also some wonderful views from the top.  Mary Beth works very hard to make this a nice ride.  It is small in attendence, but is a very challenging ride.  It may not be on for this coming season, but I am hoping it will be as I will be there if it is.

#1, 3 - NW Labor Day ride - Mt Vernon Washington - 2 day 100.  For me a very long drive but again what wonderful hosts.  Also there are wild black berries every where.  Yum!

#1, 4 - Klickitat Trek - Goldendale, Washington - 75 miles.  Great ride manager, Marilyn, great trails and good food served by the local grange.  Plus the sweat shirts are the best.

#1, 5 - Old Selam - Idaho City, Idaho - 50 miles.  Hey I met Tom Noll on this ride what a nice guy.  Of course he complimented my horse concerning her awesome trot so how could I not think he was nice.  Again great trails, fun views, interesting history and wonderful ride management.

#1, 6 - Purple Passion - Eagle, Idaho - 50 miles.  I've never seen so much purple in all my life.  Luckily I have a purple fleece pull over that usually comes in handy when I am at this ride.  Can be a bit chilly.  The awards meetings are a real hoot.  I usually laugh until I cry.  How fun!

For me they are all #1 rides.

Becky R. - Montana

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!