[RC] The Nutritional Value of Grass after frost. - goearth

Hello,  I was in this conversation w/ a friend and he told me he had some good pasture to put his horses on for the winter and I told him that grass loses its nutritional value after a killing frost.  He asked me how I knew this and all I could say was I had read it somewhere.  Now my question is?  Was this assumption an illusion or does grass indeed lose its nutritional value?  and if so by how much and it just a filler as I had reckoned.  Or, do I tell him I have been misinformed?  Thank you,  tom sites