Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] kids at rides

YIKES! I cannot imagine a ride manager having to get into the business of child care provision. There were many times over the years we simply could not go to a ride - or some other ELECTIVE activity because we had young children. Why don't some adult people who HAVE small children get the fact that havign children is firts of all a CHOICE and secondly, can often times mean that one must sacrifice their own "wants" and indeed at times, needs, in order to do right by their children? I am reminded of my friend who has a new employee who for whatever insane reason insists on bringing her new PUPPY to the OFFICE!! Pets, children, all choices - and they do not belong in certain venues - not running loose at ride camps and CERTAINLY not in the workplace. Wow -if I was a ride manager (Lord help me!) child care would be the LAST thing I would feel obligated to dealing with. Heck, I don't want families hanging around when I give lessons to small children!