Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] trimming for riding

----- Original Message -----
On December 18, 2004, LTYearwood@xxxxxxx wrote:
I personally believe that it's important to have a cofin bone that is paralell to the ground, or nearly so. That's why I keep the heels quite low. (High heels tip the cofin bone).

Interestingly, my 12 year old has coffin bones that are parallel to the ground on his rear feet and my vet wants him to be shod in egg bars with a lift to tip the coffin bones slightly.  My vet went to a seminar given by someone who had studied the phenomenon and felt that coffin bones that were parallel to the ground contributed to arthritis in the hocks.

I'd be interested in the opinions of others on this.

Dyane Smith