Re: [RC] [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people - Magnumsmom

Joe Long wrote:

> However, I disagree with what you are suggesting. Young children want so much
> to please their parents, that it is easy for parents to believe that the child "wants"
> to do what in reality the parent wants them to do. I'm not talking about teenagers
> here, the subject is kids younger than eight years old.

Joe,

I remember by the age of 3 just wanting to RIDE... and it had nothing to
do with wanting to please my parents.  We had no horses.  I rode the
springs off my spring loaded pony.  I was stuffed back into bed at 3am
because I'd be up on my spring loaded pony all night long.  (hmm... all
night... 100 miler in the making???)  Unfortunately the springs squeeked
and gave me away.

Hey Maryben,  can you ever remember me doing anything because I
wanted to please my parents?  :)  :)  :)

I am one for protection rules... I am one for stomping on bad parents...
but I am NOT backing a rule that eliminates good kids and parents just
because of some arbitrary age.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM