Re: [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... Get a grip people - Merryben

In a message dated 12/16/2004 12:44:25 A.M. Central Standard Time, jlong@xxxxxxxx writes:
I see two reasons that the AERC should have a minimum age for riders:  the
altruistic one, for the benefit of the very young children that a few people
enter in rides; and the other to protect the AERC from the disastrous
consequences should a five or six year-old child be maimed or killed on an AERC
sanctioned event.
Number one I repeat that you can't make a young child do anything they really don't want to do and if I remember correctly the only person I know of that died at an endurance ride from other than natural causes was a child and nothing ever came of that and I bet most people on this list don't even know about it.....