From: Tracy Cann
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: [RC] arab/kiger mustang cross

  I have thought of getting a Kiger or Arab/Kiger cross that's ready to go but the truth is I'm not ready for my "next" endurance horse yet.  My current horse "Gryffindor the Great" is keeping me busy, ha ha.  I figured if I did this breeding thing this spring, the baby will be ready to do something about the time Gryffin will be ready to retire.  I have never raised my "own" baby from the start and have always wanted to.  Other reasons for breeding are "this mare really rocks" (I'm leasing Paulette Brehob's mare "Kozy")  I rode her some for Paulette after she brought her back from when she fell in the hole and bowed her tendon at Poetry, TX a few years ago.  She is "one tough you know what" though she looks like such a pretty little angel.  It's really too bad that injury came back to haunt her.  Anyway, she's a great mom.  Also, I think I've found an awesome stallion.  He's really put together well and is 14'3 hands.  Since Kozy is only 14 hands I'll probably get a horse the perfect size for me, I hope.  (I like 'em short with big attitudes, like me)  His name is "Kiger Dundee" and he's in Washington state.  Thank goodness for artificial insemination.  Who knew it would be so hard to find a Kiger stallion I liked in South Texas.  OK, I should have thought of that.  They do come from Oregon, right.  Anyway, I guess if I find a Kiger/Arab cross before I breed I would seriously consider buying it if it was what I wanted.  But I have always wanted to raise a baby for myself, just once.

Tracy