Re: [RC] Riding in the dark and riding in balance - Suzi Maiorisi

I did my first moonlight ride on the August full moon...I don't know about balance/serious stuff...I was just in awe of the surroundings in a different light.  It was at a place I've ridden several times and just gives you a whole new perspective.
Suzi
----- Original Message -----
From: Kris
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 12:19 AM
Subject: [RC] Riding in the dark and riding in balance

Okay, I will admit that I have not ridden in the dark - yet.  But as I was walking back to the house after doing chores the other night, I was thinking about the night riding posts recently, and imagining myself out there on my horse.  Even just walking along, it seems that I am much more aware of my balance and posture when I can't see the ground or surroundings as well.  (My husband says it works until you trip and fall on your face....)  And I thought that not seeing as well might be a good thing for balance and posture while riding.  So, do those of you that ride in the dark find that is the case?  Do you feel more balanced and "in tune" with your horse in the dark?  Is that part of the mystique of riding in the dark?

Kris in Idaho