[RC] 25s, 50s, & 100s, oh my!! - Tracy Cann

I'm just wondering if I'm weird here.  I mean, weirder than I thought I was.  I haven't been in this sport forever but I've done a bit of both LD and Endurance depending on what was going on with me and my pony at the time.  My point is, I have NEVER felt looked down on by 50 milers when I have done LD, never really felt looked up to by LD when I have done 50's.  Just felt tired (and happy) when I did multi-days. And felt somewhat insane when I did my first 100 last November.  The only times I have heard any griping about this is from very new LDers and just figured they hadn't been in it enough yet to know the real deal, (Real Deal = "it's all about you, dude.")  Nobody but you cares what distance you do.  Really.  Oh yea, your horse might care.  Mine was looking back at me on that 100 as if to say "Exactly how lost are we here?  This is the LONGEST 50 I have ever done!!"  Yea for Gryffin though.  He did it even though he really was wondering there at the end.  And yea for his "night vision".  I couldn't see a dang thing that whole last loop.

Tracy