       From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kris
       Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:19 PM
       To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
       Subject: [RC] Riding in the dark and riding in balance

       Okay, I will admit that I have not ridden in the dark - yet.  But as
I was walking back to the house after doing chores the other night, I was
thinking about the night riding posts recently, and imagining myself out
there on my horse.  Even just walking along, it seems that I am much more
aware of my balance and posture when I can't see the ground or surroundings
as well.  (My husband says it works until you trip and fall on your
face....)  And I thought that not seeing as well might be a good thing for
balance and posture while riding.  So, do those of you that ride in the dark
find that is the case?  Do you feel more balanced and "in tune" with your
horse in the dark?  Is that part of the mystique of riding in the dark?

       Kris in Idaho