Fw: [RC] Overnight - Faustina Duffy

How best would one allow horses to graze overnight on the trail?

Yep-I KNOW some can run with their front feet hobbled....saw my stallion (who had been in the yard calmly grazing) run down a mare that got loose!

There is another way to hobble-you can either tie a back leg up to the body (which I would THINK <don't know, too chicken to use it> would leave them sore) or you can also attach a rope from the front hobbles to a hobble on one back hoof, it prevents the extension necessary to travel fast...This is simply what I've read, I can't vouch for how it works in real life.  Wondered if anyone here had used either method?

Faustina and Romeo (who may look funny at it, but always gets his girl!)