Fw: [RC] Was Fitness-Now Trail Dogs - Faustina Duffy

I have a "rescued" female Great Dane who goes everywhere she can with me.  She's my 4th Dane-I do believe I'll ALWAYS have a Dane!  Schatze is probably the best trail dog I've ever had-stays close enough I don't worry about losing her, doesn't chase other dogs/squirrels, etc. more than 20 yards, and comes to heel when she hears traffic.  Has NEVER tried to chase my horses other than to keep up.  She'll run ahead and "meet and greet" the herds of 5-15 dogs some of my neighbors have, and they all stay so busy playing "sniff butt" they don't notice the horse until we're past their "territory" when Schatze decides to catch up.  She really is GREAT!  She will nail and roll any dog that tries to charge the horses, though, but leaves them when I get "out of range."  In the mean time she's a potato, though!

I took her to my vet, who bred and showed Danes (I found out after bringing her in) and he was AWESTRUCK at how straight and strong she was-said she had the best back/hips/back legs (his biggest concern with Danes) he'd ever seen-what was her exercise program?  I told him "Keeping up!"

Faustina and Schatze and all the young horses who will actually sometimes only go through scary places AFTER Schatze does-if the dog went, I can make it!
(and if any of you know of a Dane in need, they're always welcome here!)