Re: [RC] [RC] Kids, ponies and distance riding... now age requirement - Magnumsmom

Joe Writes:

> [...]
>  But regardless of where the majority lies, I still believe as strongly as
> ever that the AERC should have a minimum age for juniors, that it is
> irresponsible of the AERC to not have one, and the fact that we don't
> is likely to come back to haunt us someday.

Joe,

I totally disagree.  With our society as litigious and irresponsible
as it is today, leaving the decision up to the parents and stating
it as such is the only responsible thing the AERC can do.  If we, as
the AERC, decide that there is a 'minimum safe age' for kids to
ride endurance then that opens a whole new can of worms.

Just like our zero tolerance drug rule, this one is best left alone.
People need to take responsibility for making decisions and making
their own decisions.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM