From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 9:01 AM
Subject: [RC] LD's and 50 garbage

Please Reply to: Lianne dcantrall105@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All I can say, is the person who puts down LD's is blind. LD's are
building blocks for some. I know I would not want to run a Marathon if I
hadn't run a 1/2 Marathon before. There are new people who want to
experience what endurance is all about. I think it would be stupid or funny
to do a 50 if  you or the horse had never experienced an endurace ride
before. I had a friend who did it. She was sucked into believing that you
are a sissy if you do a LD. Boy was she sorry. Hee, Hee , Hee. I did the 25
for my first ride and enjoyed every minute of it. I still ride endurance,
she does not.  There are people who do have disabilities who can ride LD's
but can not go any further. There are some who ride LD's finish with an
ejoyable day, sit down with their beer, and watch everyone else go back out
, come back tired , hungry and wanting that chair and beer. To each his own.
But I do believe LD's belong in our sport.

Lianne Cantrall