[RC] Fwd: [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2146 LD's and 50 - Chipnml

--- Begin Message ---
My my...if you're the voice of the LD riders, I never realized what an inferiority complex you guys have.  Or maybe it's just you.  Strange, the LDers in my neck of the woods seem pretty well-adjusted, and are a respected part of this sport.  Maybe we're just so darn nice in Minnesota (yah shure yu betcha) that we don't care who does what.  Why...some of my BEST FRIENDS only ride LD!  As far as the cost differences, that's been pretty well covered, but if you insist on beating a dead horse ;-), then go ahead and pay half...then use have the amount of space to camp, eat only half of what the 50 milers eat at the potluck, and only use the bathrooms and other amenities provided half the time.  Oh, and maybe ride management should only send your ride results in for half your rides, since I'm sure the paperwork is the same for 50's.  As for comparing endurance riding to drag racing...that's the silliest thing I've heard from you--and that's saying a lot--it doesn't even qualify a retort.

Chip Jack (AERC # 13871...what's yours?)

--- End Message ---