[RC] shoeing - Mary Ann Spencer

The more I read about this the happier I am that I can do my own trimming and go barefoot.  I don't have anything against shoers but where I used to live it was a coin toss if one would show up, let alone do it right.  Had a mare get lame after a shoeing many yrs ago and that started me doing without them.  HOWEVER, I have NOT worked up to a 100miler either.  But did have 2 mares we did some fifties on and their hooves did fine with my little system.  There are fancy ways but if one uses common sense and a rasp, hooves are quite manageable.   Mary Ann, visiting CA from TX