Re: [RC] Trailer brakes-disasterous - Cynthia Eyler

I board my gelding with a family that includes a man who does repairs and upgrades on trailers.  He's taught me a ton (just got my first rig this past summer), and he even taught me how to tow my gooseneck.

Recently someone brought in a 2H BP for ramp repairs, and in talking with Michael she said she'd never had any maintenance done and asked him to also check the wheel bearings, etc.  When he checked the brakes, they looked like they'd never been used.  Sure enough, when he asked her about this, she said that she has never had a brake controller in any of her trucks and doesn't see any reason to start now.  And this woman hauls warmbloods with a half-ton truck!  Very, very scary.

Cindy
(who has a Reese digital controller, which is easy to adjust for the number of horses on board and for the speed -- interstates vs. local roads -- we're doing)