[RC] Mary's psycho neighbors (long) - beth glover

Hi : I felt very bad for Mary, for her encounter with that neighbor. I can relate to that painful experience.   When my daughter (10 years) was an infant, I used to walk down our private road to go visit another neighbor with the baby in the stroller. My dog Sam used to walk right alongside, with her head on the arm of the stroller most of the time. Well, I have a couple of psycho neighbors, and the one next door has been in jail for at least one felony that I know of ( we have the three strikes law in Calif.) he owned a strip joint and went to jail for drug running in the parking lot, FBI was involved and so forth. He has a lot of money, but never seems to leave, or go to work. Very reclusive. At the time he was living with a female, hooker, whatever, who frequently was having loud fights with him in the yard. Well one day I was walking the baby down, and that woman came roaring up the streetin her SUV, and ran me off into the bushes, nearly hit us. I turned to look at he r, was cussing under my breath. She could not have heard me, but she stopped, and started to scream at me. I was just a couple months after having the baby so I felt very helpless at that point. I feared for my baby's life!  She was angry at me, because she "heard me calling cats" in my yard...uh 2 1/2 acres. Incredulously, I said that I was feeding the cat. She then blamed me for cats in the yard ( also over 2 acres and full of wildlife). Then she started to yell at me that my dog was unleashed. The dog, Sam was standing quietly, between me and her. That dog was a very shy abuse victim. Well, she hauled off and kicked the dog. Then I pretty much fled, and went crying to neighbor's house and we called police. They asked if I wanted to have them go talk to her, and I was afraid so I said no. I REGRETTED THAT.

My nice neighbors cut me a trail that goes directly down to their house, with their tractor. Another nice neighbor said that, there were clear signs of instability in that household, and she predicted that the woman and man would break up soon. She was right! The woman left. But she did come back frequently for a few months. Seems they had a kid together.

 Shortly after that incident...there was a poisoning incident with Sam. Another neighbor found Sam having seizures, and also found butcher wrap next to the property line of my bad neighbor's house. The vet found cut pieces of steak and strychnine in the dog's stomach. The vet was pissed because he said the dog was clearly baited. That was a $1,000 vet bill and Sam lived. We called the police again, and because we couldn't prove anything, their strategy was to go "Door to Door", to talk with neighbors about the felony of dog poisoning, so that the neighbors could watch out for the person doing it. The only neighbor they went to see was the guy next door. Later I found out that he was very fearful that the woman would steal their son and run with him. So I think she was the worst lunatic over there. But he's no prince. I wonder if I had had the police talk with her, if she wouldn't have been more careful in the first place. It was clear that she thought I was intimidated and she could harass me further. I am sure th at the man was worried about being caught and charged with another felony, because if he had three, he'd be locked up for good.

Mary, maybe your freaky neighbors already have a criminal record. I wonder if there is any way that you can find out. Because if they are behaving in such a psycho way, they could be at risk of being in a parole violation. Maybe if they had a parole officer or a police officer talk with them, just a friendly hello, they may watch it. Don't let them know you did it, let some time pass by. Maybe it would be an anonymous complaint about noise or a mysterious disturbance?

I was also fearful for the safety of my horses when this guy was acting so wild, so we have made a concerted effort to leave him alone all the time. We use the trail my neighbors made as an alternative. I wonder if there is a way for you to have another way around their house so you can just stay away? Maybe a kind neighbor could cut you another trail, or plow one as the case may be.

Please be careful, and good luck to you.  Beth Glover

Rethink your business approach for the new year with the helpful tips here. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=