Re: [RC] Electrolytes - Truman Prevatt

The black and yellow tube is Lyte Now. It's pretty salty. Some like Perform and Win because it is not so salty tasting - but you need to give more or give it more often.

Might try not giving them until right before you go back out so he has had all the opportunity to eat and drink he is going to get followed by a few syringes of plain water.

Truman

Catfish Daniels wrote:

Anyway, as I’m not ready to give up the idea of electrolytes quite yet, I was wondering if some of you are using some other “mixture” of things.  Currently I’m using…oh gosh, can’t think of the name at the moment and I’m at the office right now.  It’s the black and yellow tube, something about “3 minute lytes” (or something like that).

At the Death Valley Ride, I watched Heather Reynolds at both vet-stops and she seemed to have something that she may have mixed herself, and it seemed to work.  After she administered it to her horses (hers and Jeremy’s), their horses continued drinking and eating.  So, not to exhaust the subject, perhaps some of you could share with me on what you’re using when it comes to electrolytes.

Catfish

DBL Realtors