Re: [RC] RE:Loose dogs, barking dogs - Vallonelee

In a message dated 1/26/04 1:45:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time, cstiles@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

How many of you agree with me?

Sorry, I cannot agree.  However I understand your frustration and I get VERY annoyed at dogs running loose and terrorizing my dog, who is usually in my lap or in his puppy pen and absolutely agree that dogs should be confined/tended, etc.

I have a mini-Dachshund that is very codependent (hence his name Co-D).  I cannot leave him at home for others to tend (they cannot tolerate his separation anxiety) or take him to a kennel. The one time I did try to kennel him he banged his face on the bars until it was bloody.   I work at home and therefore he is never away from me to learn to cope. However, he is well behaved and stays in the LQ of my trailer until I return to camp.  If he were to bark it would bother me more than anyone else because he sleeps with me.

If dogs were banned from endurance rides I would unfortunately not be able to go since I would be too worried about leaving my little buddy.

Lee
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out"