Re: [RC] RE:Loose dogs, barking dogs - HorseSimple

Don't agree because it is my 'weekend away'.  I do not want to leave my dog at home because he is my 'companion'.   Yet, I do follow the rules - always on a leash and in the horse trailer when I am not around.

I am around at night and should he start to bark - it would wake me up!  I would check out why he is barking (if he did) because he is my 'watch' dog at home.  I have to assume that someone is too close to our 'space' or doing something they shouldn't be doing.  Thus far, the barking does not seem to be an issue I have encountered with my dog or anyone else's.    It is the 'loose' dogs that can be a hindrance.  Male dogs are 'territorial' and will protect their 'space'.  I do not want my dog in a dog fight - thus the leash law for him.  Now if only other people would be consistant in following that rule.