[RC] electrolyte recipe - sherman

Has anyone used the calcium carbonate (limestone) from a garden center when making their electrolyte mix, as suggested a few months ago in a discussion of the recipe? I've been buying calcium powder at the health food store, but would like to find a less expensive source. I have also used EnduraMax, but it seems the horses can detect it in their mash moreso than the home prepared mix, and are less likely to eat it all.

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA