Re: [RC] electrolyte recipe - Sisu West Ranch

"...Has anyone used the calcium carbonate (limestone) from a garden center ..."

In general one has to be a little careful when using minerals (by that I mean ground up rocks), in food.  Sometimes there are crystal changes that happened during eons of heat and pressure.  The crystal changes can make things less available to the animal.  Also there can be differences in minor constituents that don't matter for your garden, but could affect you horse.  Some stuff available for pH control in garden stores is dolomite.   Dolomite has a lot of Magnesium in it.  If your electrolyte formula does not want/need the Magnesium you could be giving different nutrition than you intended.

I purchase 5 gallon buckets of Enduromax directly from KER.  They last  5 or more years.  The price doesn't kill me.  In fact it is one of the cheapest things I use at a ride.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875