[RC] BLM Mustangs - Belinda Romanuski

It is my understanding that the adoption process has changed in the last few years.  At least in the East.  My sister used to board at a facility that was also a reception station for the Mustangs.  People could go and adopt at any time.  Now I was told you must prepurchase a ticket for a horse.  If you get one of the higher numbers, your choices go way down.  This has discouraged many from attempting the adoption.  Now this new bill will allow the horses to be sold at auctions.  What guarantee is there that they will be sold for slaughter?  They could end up in someone's backyard neglected and/or abused because the person does not know or have the experience to deal with a "wild" horse.  Maybe if they lightened the requirements for adoption and made it a bit easier, more people who would like the challenge of one of these horses would be able to get one.

Belinda