Re: [RC] BLM okays Mustang Sale for Slaughter - martina keil

As a public lands range manager/biologist/ecologist, someone who worked duing research on wild horses, a horse lover and owner of a feral mustang and burro, I can say that Heidi pretty much covered it. The "mustang" is not threatened with extinction. We need to manage for the population not the individual. There are not enough homes for people "breeding" horses let alone the feral mustangs. On a purely anthropogenic note (shame on the biologist me!) if I lived my life free and then was rounded up, I would not wnat to spend the remainer of it in a corral. The adoption process works for most....but even some of them end up in bad situations. For some it does not. Thanks for the insight Heidi. Good to know ther are people out there who actually look to educate themselves about a situation!

Do you Yahoo!?