[RC] BLM okays Mustang Sale for Slaughter - sherman

 I suspect she would find humane slaughter preferable to having crippled horses live out their days locked up in dreary little pens.

When I went to the holding pens at Litchfield, near Susanville, I was shocked at the number of horses with club feet and twisted front legs (from the club feet?) that were being held until they could go to a sanctuary, as they were unadoptable. It's too bad the herds these horses come from couldn't be sterilized to stop the poor breeding that's going on. I'm curious if these horses would be able survive on their own, and if not, would humane destruction be more compassionate treatment than keeping them alive in a sanctuary?

Just wondering.
Kathy