Re: [RC] conditioning - Barbara McCrary

We used to do just fine on two days a week, 10+/- miles per ride, then a 20-30 mile ride on the weekend.  Mostly trotting, walk wherever suitable, maybe a little cantering.  That was a long time ago....it's quite possible that newer programs have been found better.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: [RC] conditioning

Hi all,

Would be interested to know how many miles you think one should condition a horse each week in order to keep them fit for middle of the pack 50's?  What would be the minimum you could get by on?  What would be the perfect program?  I have three legged up and competing horses and am trying to decide whether I'm over-working them in between rides.

Thanks for your input.

Deborah (S. Calif.)