Re: Not again - RE: Re: [RC] UAE - John Bass

*This message was scanned for all current viruses and is certified clean*

 > This subject has been hashed and rehashed on this list. All opinions
 > have been expressed, over and over and over. I don't want it to start
 > again on Ridecamp.
 >
 > Steph

 Steph,
 The "camel jockey" issue is directly related to endurance riding and
should be allowed to be discussed on Ridecamp.
 The same people involved in the Emirates International Endurance Village,
platium sponsers of the Tevis Cup and sponsers of the Arabian Nights ride
hosted by you, are the same people involved in camel racing in the UAE.
 It is no secret that you have cultivated relationships with the endurance
community in the UAE which understandably puts you in somewhat of a
precarious position. After all you are the owner of Ridecamp which enables
us to discuss this issue. I believe out of deserved respect for you there
isn't more discussion. I also can see why you would want it to go away.
 Steph, you could be real helpful on giving us some insight. What is your
opinion of all of this? Were you aware of the "camel jockey" issue before it
surfaced just a few weeks ago? Was it a surprise to you as it was many of
us? Do you think that UAE meeting the requirements that "camel jockeys" be
15 years old and weigh 100 pound is unreasonable?
 You, whether you know it or not, could be instumental with your friendship
with the UAE endurance community in trying to convince your friends that the
situation as it stands now is unacceptable to many people in the United
States.
 Sometimes friendships are tested.

 John Bass
 Beatty Nevada