From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Howard Bramhall
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:24 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: Re: [RC] UAE

Forwarded with permission:

The sad thing is, that very rule is on their books.  It's how their current
law reads.  Means absolutely nothing.  They wrote it for the outside world
to read and believe.  Unfortunately, it's a law that does not
exist,whatsoever.

Our riders will most likely go over there in Jan.  They're training right
now, down here in Florida.  They've prepared for this for quite awhile and,
well,  I'm sure they will all be going.  And, with them, they will take the
American Flag.  And, fly it high, in a land where slavery is still
prevalant.

Their horses will travel on the very grounds, the desert sand, where, below,
is buried many a young child who was abducted from a foreign land solely for
the pleasure and enjoyment of the Sheikhs.  For whatever reason, they, the
Sheikhs, require a being who weighs less than 50 lbs to ride their camels.
And when the 4 year old boy falls off the Sheikh's camel, during a race or
even during training, his young, underfed frame trampled to death by the
camel, the desert land is where his remains are placed, hidden from the
outside world, in an unmarked grave.

And, as our flag flies high, carried by one of our very own American
endurance riders, in this foreign land where slavery still occurs, one might
ask if we will continue looking the other way on this issue. For you see,
the grave is unmarked, so, this reinforces the belief you cannot really see
them at all.

Will we continue accepting their ticket to ride for free, free travel, free
lodging, free food, lavish parties or will we actually have the wherewithal
to one day say NO?

How many more young bodies will continue to be buried in the deserts of UAE
before we actually do anything???  How long will we continue to look the
other way?  How long will we continue to ride alongside and compete with
Slave Traders?  How long will our flag be carried in a land where
young boys are buried, in unmarked graves?  And, nobody seems to care at
all.

cya,
Howard