[RC] sore loins - Suzy Johnson

My gelding has been getting sore loins after long rides. This just started this year. A friend suggested that my saddle (a 10 year old Big Horn endurance saddle) may be breaking down. I've tried a 3/4 inch skitto which helped for a few rides and didn't on our last one. I'd like to replace my saddle, but can't right now. What do you all suggest so I can have a happy horse? Thank you!