[RC] Ideal location to live... - kazevedo

Okay Ridecampers, I have another question that has to do with making endurance possible in my life. :) I loved all your feedback on the topic of affording endurance... I read everyone's responses and now I accept that i will probably be shopping at Wal-mart for the rest of my life (<g>).
I'm going to college in the Bay Area, and I'm being good and doing all my homework, but I will admit that it is really hard to be away from my horse, and since I can't do anything else, I research endurance on the internet every day. :) I'm starting to think about where I want to live after school. First I thought Auburn, Cool, or Grass Valley would be ideal because there are numerous trails around that area.. not to mention the Tevis trail. Not only that, there were around 20 rides in 2004 within 3 hours of driving. BUT, I grew up where it is rainy and cool, and I like places where it is moist and green. Central California is hot and dry during the summer, so now I'm trying to find a place -perhaps in Oregon- that is relatively close quite a few rides, close to either national forests, state parks, community parks or the beach that have trails, and nice and cool.
Do any of you have suggestions for me? Where do you think the ideal place to live is for the endurance rider on the west coast? Where do you live and how do you like it (weather, trails and footing, cost of living, driving time to rides...etc..), and how do you deal with any of the drawbacks? I'd love to hear from anyone!
Thanks!
Katie :)