[RC] Big Horn 100 - k s swigart

Patti said:

I am trying to gather information on the Big Horn 100.
If anyone has any constructive feedback they would like
to share, please let me know.  I am sort of ride management.

I have heard nothing but good things about this ride, and it has long
been on my list of rides to do.  Probably even higher on the list than
Tevis.

I would also like to have several opinions of what people
have heard about this ride, recommendations to make it
better and basically how to get more riders in.

The only thing that has kept me from doing this ride is the length of
the drive.  Don't think you can do anything about that :).  Make no
mistake; one of the reasons that Tevis gets so many entries is that it
is a relatively short drive for most of the participants.  It is close
to lots of endurance riders.

One way you may be able to get more riders in would be to see if you can
put on a multi-day ride at the same time.  Multi-day riders seem to be
willing to drive further for their fun (possibly because the number of
days of riding can be greater than the number of days of driving).
Doing so, of course, would exponentiate the amount of work....so you
might want to see if you can get a different ride manager to take on
that portion of it.  You might be able to get people to show up for
both....especially if you have the hundred BEFORE the multi-day.  It
certainly would make it more likely for me to make the drive, the
possibility that I could stick another horse in the trailer and plan to
do both the 100 and then some or all of the multi-day as well.

kat
Orange County, Calif.