[RC] Horse Blankets Buyer Beware - sandy rovane

As I recently moved and the barn is not up yet, the rain started and I bought new "water proof" Kensington blankets for my three horses. $100.  Not expensive but not cheap.  These are red, white and blue.  The straps suck but I do horse blanket repair so I figured I could deal with it.    Water proof they are. Breathable they are not.  The temperature is in the 50-60 and I live in the trees so I don't think they got that hot. Problems is the wool liner doesn't have enough absorption  in the layer between the blanket and the horse and the liner is totally wet and the horses are cold.  Second problem, is that these are the nicest fitting blankets I have bought.  I hate to have to double blanket but they are worthless the way they are.  I wish Toklat would rebuild their 1995 model.  I still have these although they have been repaired so much they are not waterproof.  I have made a deal with the dealer to take them back and get store credit.  Anyway, for what it is worth, buyer beware!