Re: [RC] Anyone familiar with mules on the list?? - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 11/3/2004 9:53:55 AM Mountain Standard Time, Deblyons54@xxxxxxx writes:
Why do people who ride mules generally use britchen instead of cruppers? I have never seen a britchen used on a riding horse but it seems to be the norm for mules.
 This is info I got from a friend of mine who is known in the area for his ability to train mules. Beccy in Ut.

Don't really know, I use a crupper. Some may say that due to the lack of withers on a mule you might get a more even support from a britchen, or it just might because they don't want to deal with the attitude a mule might get from putting something under its tail.

Plus when you pack you use a britchen and this way it is the same for the mule while riding or packing.