Re: [RC] [RC] Running with your horse - Susan, Princess of Pink

As has already been pointed out, people who run most of the way with their horses are few.  We don't need to make or change rules just for a few people.  Furthermore, how many people who run most of the way are in contention for BC?  I don't think it happens much...although it could.

If I were RM and KNEW a person who was in contention for BC ran most of the way, I'd insist that only what the horse carried be weighed.  I wouldn't bother with weight division points...only weighing in for BC.

I just don't think this is a big issue or worry.  However, this thread has got me thinking...

I'll bet I can ROLL down the trail with my horse in tow and beat everyone of you!!  Howard?  You gonna take that bet?  <EG>

sherman <sherman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
These examples of people running most or all of the "ride" are good examples of why weight should NOT be used as a division in winning. Unless the horse is carrying the weight most of the time, it just doesn't make sense to give awards based on how much weight the horse is assumed to have carried. And I'm not saying that weight doesn't matter, I know it does, IF the horse is carrying it.
Kathy

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)