Re: [RC] does weight really matter? - Karla Watson

could someone actually walk/run the entire course while leading their horse, still get a completion and possibly awards?   ed

I do believe Lew Hollander used to do that in his younger days here in the Northwest. On foot, run an entire 50 miler next to his horse and still come in with good time. I think I remember hearing he did 100s that way too, mostly running on foot. But he is an ultramarathoner and I believe he has done the Western States 100 Run (Tevis) several times and has won many ride & ties. He is getting older now so I think he has slowed down. I'll have to check his book he wrote on Endurance riding. It gives all the details. Amazing guy!
------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon