Re: [RC] Exiss LQ Trailers - Magnumsmom

Pete,

Check the way the hitch is attached to the gooseneck on an Exiss.
If it is simply welded on, the trailer (especially of that weight fully
loaded) could (read probably will) break loose from the hitch and
come through the cab if your truck stops short in an accident.

Check the hitch on, say, an old steel Circle J, or better yet the new
Sundowners.  See the "I" beams running from the hitch back to
the trailer box in a "V"?  Then your truck frame, the hitch, and
the proper support system back to the horse box will protect you
and your passengers from the trailer.  Of course if your rig never
"stops short", it probably won't be a problem...  (check those welds
frequently)... but that's why they call them "Accidents".  This type
of breakaway has happened simply on dirt roads where there was
a sand patch and a heavy rig sunk in and stopped abruptly.

This alone is worth the extra $$$ in my humble opinion.  I'm not
stumping for Sundowner here... I'm stumping for safe, properly
made trailers.  Even my neighbor's big 'ol green steel 1981 Circle
J gooseneck stock trailer has "I" beams running back to the horse
box... and it would never be as heavy as your Exiss 4 horse LQ.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
... due to fly out this morning, see 'ya when I return...