[RC] Exiss LQ Trailers - Jonni

I would look very closely at the finish work on the Exiss. I have not owned one, but have looked at a few, and have heard from some folks that they had many problems. Hinges coming loose, molding and mats not installed well, leaks, rivets etc. coming loose. I saw carpet installed poorly on saddle racks and such, that made me wonder if they took little time in the stuff we could "see", how was the construction on the stuff we could NOT see.

Any trailer you look at, no matter what the brand, really go over it end to end. Look at latches, hinges, nuts, bolts, vents, everything. Get inside and jump around and see if it seems to rattle. If used, look at the wear on the tires. You can find signs of problems with some axles from uneven wear on tires. Lift mats and check the floor. Look for signs of leaks at vents. Take a friend with you to help look it over. Trailers are huge investments for most, and you know what "problems" you can and can't deal with.

Also, the LQ sections are usually done by different companies that the one who made the trailer, so finish work often varies.

Good luck,
Jonni